USTC Chinese scholarships for undergraduates 2022 are part of USTC Chinese scholarships for international students which provide fully funded scholarships for international students to purse their bachelor, master, and Ph.D. degrees in University of Science and Technology of China for the fall of September 2022.
The Chinese Academy of Sciences leads the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) (CAS). It is known as a prominent university in the country for its sophisticated science and high technology programs, distinctive management courses, and well-tailored humanities subjects.
USTC Chinese scholarships offer 35 undergraduate programs, 115 Master programs, and 94 Doctoral programs in different disciplines such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering Science, Electronic Information, Computer Science, Earth and Space Sciences, Environmental Science, etc.
USTC Chinese scholarships for undergraduates offer 4 years of full-time study and are primarily taught in Chinese, with certain courses given in English or bilingually, and students pursuing master’s degree may need 2-3 years, while doctoral students need 3-4 years to finish their degree requirements.
USTC Chinese scholarships for undergraduates
Applicants must first create an account in the USTC Application System and then select the fellowship for which they wish to apply. Applicants have the option of applying for one or both levels at the same time. The USTC will decide the level of scholarship to award based on the applicant’s overall elevation. Only one scholarship can be awarded to each candidate.
Financial Coverage of USTC Chinese scholarships for undergraduates
- Level A
- Full tuition waiver
- Medical Insurance
- Monthly stipend of 2,500 RMB
- Accommodation subsidy
- Level B
- Full tuition fees
Eligibility for USTC Chinese scholarships for undergraduates
- Non-Chinese citizens in good physical and mental condition with a valid passport
- Applicants for programs taught in Chinese must have passed the new HSK Level 5 or above; applicants whose native language is Chinese or who can show documentation of studying in a high school or university where the teaching language is Chinese can apply for an HSK exam exemption. Applicants for English-taught programs must demonstrate their ability to communicate in English.(or apply for free 1 year English course )
- By July 2022, applicants must have earned a high school diploma (equivalent to a high school certificate in China).
- By September 1st, 2022, applicants must be under the age of 30.
- Graduates who want to receive their degrees in 2022 should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to assure that they will finish their studies and receive their degrees before July of that year.
- Applicants who have previously been awarded a Chinese scholarship or funds(2022-2023) are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- USTC Chinese scholarships for undergraduates Application Form
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopies of senior high school graduation certificates and transcripts that have been notarized. Applicants who will graduate from high school before July 2022 should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate from their high school.(Original transcripts should be provided if accepted)
- Transcripts of new HSK Level or proof of studying Chinese /English scores or proof of studying English .
- Note: applicants can apply for 1 year free English course.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Recommendation letter from senior high school
- Applicants who will be under the age of 18 by September 1st, 2022 must submit a Guardian Statement.
Note: Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized Chinese or English translations.
How to apply for USTC Chinese scholarships for undergraduates
- Log in to the online application system and create an account.
- Fill in all of the relevant information and submit the required papers.
- Please keep checking your email box used for login in the application system for additional application paperwork, online interview information, and so forth after submitting your application.
Application time: November 1st, 2021 — March 15th, 2022